Football has long been looked at as more than a sport, but a teacher of life lessons. With the Carolina Panthers season underway, it is a great time to take a look at how football can impact your finances.
- There are five quotes that I discuss on WBTV and I have listed them below. You will see how I have correlated these quotes to finances on the clip.
- Tom Landry (former player and longtime Dallas Cowboys coach) “Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan.”
- John Madden (former player, Oakland Raiders coach and football analyst) said, “The road to Easy Street goes through the sewer.” What does that teach us about our money?
- Paul “Bear” Bryant (former player and University of Alabama coach) who said, “Don’t give up at halftime. Concentrate on winning the second half.”
- Don Shula (former player and Miami Dolphins coach) said, “The one thing that I know is that you win with good people.”
Football players spend hours practicing and reviewing footage before their games. What can we learn from that approach?
The happiest retirees are those who spend at least 5 hours a year planning for their golden years (according to a 2012 online study.) Use that time to evaluate how your plan is working and adjust your route accordingly. As Vince Lombardi said, “Winners never quit and quitters never win.”